- National Endowment for the Humanities
- National Science Foundation
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Endangered Language Research
- DEL - the Documenting Endangered Languages program
- The Rosetta Project - "a global collaboration of language specialists and native speakers building a publicly accessible online archive of ALL documented human languages."
- OLAC - "an international partnership of institutions and individuals who are creating a worldwide virtual library of language resources"
- E-MELD - a project to establish consensus about best practices for language documentation and preservation